|Moist and richly chocolatey as I like|
1 cup sugar
1 cup AP flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 t baking powder
3/4 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas (I used about 5 small ones)
1/2 warm water
1/4 cup almond milk
1 t apple cider vinegar/distilled vinegar
Chocolate Fudge frosting
2.5 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted
1/2 margarine, RTP
1 cup icing sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 t vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line cupcake pan.
2. Whisk together dry ingredients. Mix together wet ingredients in another bowl, including the banana.
3. Add the flour mixture into the banana mixture, stirring batter till everything is mixed.
4. Fill cups 3/4 full, bake for about 20 minutes till skewer inserted comes out clean.
5. Remove from pan and set to cool on wire rack.
Now for the frosting:
1. Beat margarine till light and fluffy.
2. Beat in sugar till light and fluffy.
3. Add icing sugar, cocoa power and vanilla, beat till light and well incorporated.
4. Add chocolate and beat till frosting is smooth and glossy.
Fun fact about me: I hate eating bananas but am partial to banana bread. And these cupcakes.
Tomato-Cheese Bread Souffle
(Adapted from Real Simple)