My First Love

You stir my highest affections Lord. Not always, but my First Love, You alone are capable and worthy of having my greatest affections.

When Israel begrudged God about the lack of water in the desert, even asking to go back to their land of slavery, God gave them water from a rock. There is such a lack of dignity that it blows my mind whenever I think about it.

Jesus Christ, "being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness" (Philippians 2:6-7, NIV).

The most scandalous marriage in history is between Jesus Christ and His adulterous and rebellious wife, the church.

Will you come and follow me if I but call your name?
Will you go where you don't know and never be the same?
Will you let me love be shown? Will you let my name be known?
Will you let my life be grown in you, and you in me?

Lord your summons echoes true when you but call my name
Let me turn and follow you and never be the same
In Your company I'll go where Your love and footsteps show
Thus I'll move and live and grow in You and You in me
(The Summons)

Comments