what gives me the feels




I don’t believe in charity. I believe in solidarity. Charity is so vertical. It goes from the top to the bottom. Solidarity is horizontal. It respects the other person and learns from the other. I have a lot to learn from other people.

Eduardo Galeano




When life gives you bread, make bread pudding.

(Afterthought: Or rather, when God gives you bread, ask Him what to do with it. And my family was blessed through this-- parents went to Botanic Gardens to feed the koi fish with the leftover bread crusts & we had a lot of fun making stuffs from the bread.)

Sunday: Copied this quote into my journal-
A.W. Tozer says that people who are crucified with Christ have three distinct marks:

1. they are facing only one direction,
2. they can never turn back, and
3. they no longer have plans of their own.

They longer any plans of their own.

Monday: Already felt like I got backstabbed by God yet the bread distribution was far from smooth (chaos?). Felt more upset as I thought about what was happening afterward: 1. My revision plan is screwed (don't know if I can finish revising now) 2. This is really a bad time to be doing this to me God.

That day's message and challenge was clear: Do you entrust everything to me? Truly?

Let me no longer have any plans of my own.

(my recent FB post)



Which brings me to my family. We don't really talk over food, and I've gradually learnt that time spent together= love. A trip down for simple hawker fare at Granny's place and sharing 2 bowls of desserts afterward, looking at the hamsters in the pet shop, walking around the newly opened shopping centre.



And friends. It's quite amazing how I learn so much it gives me the tingles when we get together.



Spending time with myself also, to walk, look at life around me. Seeing ordinary people going about their ordinary life gives me the feels. A mother bringing her child home, the hawker cooking my la mian, that old lady lurching along with her trolley-full of groceries.




So so many things I have seen this season, things I would never have imagined. God, YOU give me the feels.

"However, as it is written: 'No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him'-- but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God."

1 Corinthians 2:9-10, NIV

Comments